The main charm of the bohemian style is that the future interior is quite impossible to predict. Various objects that, at first glance, do not fit together take on a new life. It is an embrace of comfort and warmth but, at the same time, a bold and bright statement about itself. Boho is a marvelous combination of eclectic style and vivid accents, made more by artistic and creative taste than by a ready-made plan. We’ve put together some simple tips to help bring a touch of boho-chic carelessness to your home’s interior.
1. Living Room In Boho Style. In a bohemian living room, it is better to bet on a neutral base to emphasize the texture of the textiles. Choose beige, cream, or violet. Items made of natural materials remain indispensable elements of the bohemian style.
Velvet armchairs, a massive glass chandelier, and throw pillows keep the warmth of the summer sun and create a cheerful and relaxing atmosphere. This boho-style living room combines the classic eclectic motifs and the chic of modern apartments.
2. Natural Linens And Ruffles. In the design of the bedroom space, the boho style allows your imagination to run wild. Do you love bright ornaments? Buy original bedding. Don’t want it to stand out? Use simple plain bed linens made of natural fabrics. Knitted throws, hand-sewn patchwork bedspreads, handmade macramé — all of this helps to create a unique atmosphere in the bedroom. This photo emits a real boho vibe and a soft embrace of purity and freshness.
3. Furniture And Plumbing In Bohemian Style. If you’re thinking about a boho-style bathroom, start simple. Furniture should be wooden: cabinets, frames for mirrors, and partitions. All the materials must be natural. To create a uniform style, the finish should be in harmony with the wood: brown tiles and gray walls will look amazing. What about the decorative elements? You can choose dry plants for a change.
4. Gypsy Decor Is Just Amazing. Before starting a boho-style renovation, let’s dive into history a bit. The French word “bohémien” means gypsy. In turn, it denotes being bright, fickle, and as free as a bird. In general, all these postulates wonderfully reflect the bohemian style of the living room in the photo. It is full of bright colors and boho accents. There’s a mustard yellow sofa, hypnotic patterns on the carpet, plants, and lots of decorative items.
5. Naturalness. Natural colors, boho decor, and untouched finishing materials (houseplants, wood, stone, cotton, sheepskin, etc.) are best suited for bohemian interior design. Do you have any hobbies? Do you knit, sew, weave or make other kinds of decor with your own hands? Keep in mind that your artwork can become the main attraction of your bohemian home.
6. Unique Pieces. Ecology is a significant part of the boho ideology. Sometimes you may even hear it’s a three-action style: reduce, reuse, and recycle. The materials are also unique, eco-friendly, and mostly handmade. Naturalness is the basis on which the boho image is built. Pay attention to these warm woods with a casual look: boho is about balance.
7. Eclectic Mix. Boho design is inspired by the cultures of different people. For a truly bohemian living room, collect items from all over the world: carpets woven in a workshop in Marrakesh, sculptures brought from Africa, woven baskets bought in Bali, and vases with Asian motifs.
Eclectic style as a part of the boho culture deserves a separate discussion. Colorful patterns, bright accents, vintage pieces, and different textures: you can choose whatever you like. The color palette is unlimited thanks to the Romani people, who are known as the originators of the bohemian style.
8. Special Boho Chic. Cheap plastic has no place in a bohemian kitchen. If you want to achieve a real boho vibe, take care of the choice of dishes: it should be as simple and eco-friendly as possible. DIY crafts will help create a special atmosphere of coziness. This cute kitchen is inspired by nature itself.
9. Clean Lines In Modern Boho Chic. A boho-chic apartment should have plenty of living space. The room’s layout in the photo below is consistent with this rule. We see an abundance of white, diluted with wood colors and natural textures. And, of course, there’s room for a personal story: a simple board, a vase, wicker cushions. All these beloved elements will remind you of some meaningful events that have happened over the years. Thus, your boho chic look will be complete.
10. Potted Plants As Focal Point. It is impossible to imagine a boho-style interior without live plants. They bring rich colors to the interior, improve mood and purify the air. Arrange potted plants on a windowsill, chest of drawers, or right on your bedside table.
Remarkably, this free-spirited style allows the use of any form of bohemian home decor: whether it’s fabric hangings on the wall or wicker flower pots. Ginger patterns on pillows evoke warm memories and bring thoughts of early autumn.
11. Light Curtains. Boho is bright and unusual, but it is easy to recreate with only natural elements and minor finishes. That’s why this style is a great option for a limited budget. Opt for simple wood-inspired furniture. Hang light curtains and put a neutral rug on the floor. In this case, do not be afraid of synthetic: it dries faster and is less susceptible to bacteria and fungus.
12. Fluffy Throw. Soft textures return to the modern boho style with a 1970s trend in 2022. High pile carpets, fluffy blankets, extraordinary decor, poufs, and pillows: all these accents will create a really cozy atmosphere in your bedroom.
This bohemian luxurious green bed takes center stage. By the way, you can use leather instead of velvet upholstery: it will look just as good. The neon wall lettering makes a perfect idea for bedroom walls and gives the space an exceptional charm.
13. Open Loggia In Bohemian Style. A must-have for the boho-style room is furniture made of rattan, wood, or straw. Another characteristic element of the bohemian style is natural, often hand-woven rugs and mats. They can be made of wool in natural beige shades.
Make accents: unusual lighting, vintage items, eye-catching patterns. Don’t forget the coffee table for cozy summer evenings. This style is for real free spirits!
14. A Welcoming Boho Living Room. The carpet takes center stage in this bohemian-style living room. Woven fabrics with bright geometric patterns, jute rugs, and bamboo mats: any options are welcome, but it is better to choose several styles at once. Carpets made of natural materials, scattered everywhere, bring warmth, comfort, and light carelessness to the interior design.
15. Authentic Bohemian Decor. The bohemian design includes a variety of boho decor and textiles inspired by different cultures. All sorts of collections of figurines, lamps, paintings, vases, and other little things from flea markets. Everything finds its place in a boho-style apartment.
And, of course, brightly colored pillows, blankets, mats made of everything: velvet, satin, linen, cotton, silk, with or without fringe.
16. Dining Room In Boho Style. Be sure to choose a natural and pleasing color palette. For example, red is the color of strawberries, blue recalls the sky or sea, pink is associated with raspberries, and yellow is the color of dandelions or lemons.
The boho light fixture unobtrusively emphasizes the comfort of the room. The lamps are most often chosen small, and fabric lampshades are welcome. Or maybe you like these original pendant lights made of wicker baskets for decor?
17. Plenty Of Pillows. It is another modern design option for a boho-style living room. Pay attention to the abundance of home decor: there are a lot of pillows, candles, curtains, and paintings. Different patterns on the cushions dilute the muted tones of this room. Upholstered furniture occupies a central place and is an excellent cozy corner for relaxation. An ideal location to watch movies, eat delicious treats and embrace your loved ones!
18. Dream Catcher. The handmade dream catcher is very popular in bohemian decor. Its patterns are best visible on a dark background. But it looks good on a white one as well. You will have a perfect bohemian look in the bedroom with it.
Dream catchers come in a variety of materials and styles. Modern boho designers use feathers, unusual weaving, decorative threads, lace, and cotton. Let the light embrace of sleep bring you into a world of sweet dreams!
19. Coffee Tables In Bohemian Style. Boho style is a great choice, especially for those who collect objects or make designer items. And if before you doubted whether such things fit the interior, then boho is just the case to demonstrate and decorate the room with handmade objects.
There is a place for everything: straw hats, intricate dishes, paintings by artists, quirky lamps, and even a coffee table. If you don’t get along with handmade things but want such a table, it’s never too late to buy it in IKEA.
20. Boho Look For Kids Room. What do we buy for our children? Of course, all the most beautiful, new, and ecological. The same applies to repairs in the kid’s room. Caring parents will choose only natural materials for finishing and decoration. And in this case, the boho style is just ideal.
The weathered wood floor will be an excellent option for children to play on it. The same can be said about wicker baskets: they have no sharp corners and are environmentally friendly and safe. You can combine several styles with boho even in the children’s space if desired.
21. Making Nest For Two. Boho is a very indulgent and original style, so you can not restrict your impulses in any case. But it is simply unthinkable without bright combinations, so the color should be used in the required amount where it is appropriate.
In this photo, we have an absolutely eco-friendly boho. We can see natural elements, textures, plants, and lighting. The furniture is wicker and reliable. A perfect place for pleasant mornings!
22. Interior Design Of Home Office. Do you want to decorate your workplace in bohemian style? No problem. As you see, this cute corner is inspired by a light boho design. Creators mix casual pieces for decor: simple paintings, plants, and cute organizers. In such an environment, it is pleasant not only to work but also to take breaks and listen to music or have a yummy lunch.
23. Boho Kitchen That Excites. If you want a chic, boho-inspired kitchen, then go for it! The central element of the room is always furniture: cabinets or a table. It must be not only exquisite but also functional.
But don’t forget to use only natural textures. You can experiment and mix styles: bohemian decor + country style, boho chic + modern or eclectic, bohemian style + retro.
24. More Boho. The dominant feature of this bathroom is a cast iron bathtub, around which the bohemian interior is formed. A classic one, painted in a gray color, sets the tone. Wall tiles of rich natural color, multi-colored handmade wicker walkways, shelves, and unusual chandeliers are a worthy style entourage. If the bathroom is modern, a textile shower curtain with or without patterns will solve the problem of the uniqueness of the interior.
25. Positive Boho Vibes. No wonder bohemian decor was associated with hippies at the very beginning of its popularity: the same chaotic way of life without rules and laws. When the soul longs for freedom, but you are not sure whether boho is a perfect style, decorate one corner of the house first. Why not start with a living room?
Of course, the main accent of the hall was, is, and will be a sofa. It can be additionally highlighted with the help of cushions. The space will not interfere with a coffee table, pouf, or chair. Feel free to make an accent wall with paintings, tapestries, and hanging plants.
As you can see, the bohemian space allows you to relax, fall in love with unusual color combinations and mix bold ideas. No matter which direction you choose — chic, hippie, country, or eclectic — each of them will fill your home with creativity and a boho flair of extraordinary comfort.
The main thing that needs to be followed in each case is an impeccable sense of balance. This way, the stylish interior will not look like a barn or a pantry, where unnecessary junk has been brought for years.