Glider chair, varieties, recommendations for selection
Furniture has long ceased to be an ordinary household item, from it expect a higher level of comfort and maximum functionality. One such product is a glider chair, which provides a high level of comfort and will please you with its practicality. Manufacturers present a variety of models, colors and additional elements: pockets, wide armrests, foot bars and so on. Each piece of furniture is equipped with a lighthouse mechanism that allows you to turn it from an ordinary chair into a movable chair.
Gliders appeared on the market not so long ago, but managed to fall in love with consumers. Externally, they are almost indistinguishable from the usual rocking chairs. To have a complete idea of what a Glider chair is, it is worth considering the features of the design, get acquainted with the original solutions offered by manufacturers. The main characteristics of the product:
- There is a lighthouse mechanism that provides light rocking. Works absolutely silently.
- Provides a footstool, which allows you to get comfortable in the chair.
- Varying angle of tilt makes it possible to adjust the product for each person. You can securely lock your chosen position.
- Easy and comfortable to operate – electrically, mechanically or by touch.
- Easy to adjust: the desired position can be locked simply by touching the backrest, raising the lever or pressing the corresponding button on the remote control.
- The footrests are available in different versions: a pouffe, a ledge or a pull-out design. The latter option is equipped, for example, the Glider Rydberg chair.
- The presence of additional functions: massage, aromatherapy, heating.
Each model has a detailed description and instructions for use. The chair can be used by all members of the family. Breastfeeding mothers especially like to sit on it. Reasonable price combined with high quality, functionality and increased comfort makes this type of armchair popular, despite the fact that the product is relatively new on the market.
Advantages and disadvantages
When choosing a model, it is worth considering the main advantages of the furniture. These are:
- Comfort and safety. Rockers are equipped with armrests, footrests, some – a retractable footrest.
- Beacon system ensures the smoothness of movement, does not damage the flooring.
- Quiet operation.
- One view of the design creates additional comfort in the room.
- Fits into any interior.
- Quickly adopts the desired position, can change the angle of inclination.
- Thanks to additional functions allows you to easily relax.
- Manufacturers use only high-quality material.
- Ideal for people of age, office workers, as well as young mothers.
- A variety of models and colors.
Some users note small shortcomings of products. Some argue that the chair takes a lot of space and is difficult to rearrange, so not all models are suitable for small rooms. Others complain that the fabric upholstery gets dirty quickly and is difficult to clean. Others are confused by the price.
Manufacturers took into account all factors and created several varieties of chairs that are suitable for both home and office. The most popular models:
- Standard chair with a footrest. The element is often a pouffe, which moves out from under the base of the furniture and becomes an extension of it. An example of a standard chair is the Glider-G1. The product has a wooden frame, fabric upholstery, decorated with embroidery and art painting.
- A folding daybed. These products have a footrest that is a direct extension of the seat. An example of such an armchair is Glider-68, made of eco leather or embroidered fabric. It can hold up to 100 kg. A great option for austere or refined interior.
- Rehyner. Chairs are equipped with a special mechanism by which the product is transformed and a convenient footstool comes out of the front part. Recliners can be mechanical and electric. An example of such furniture is the Glider-G2.
- Massage. As a rule, such glider chairs can perform 3 types of massage, equipped with an additional reclining cape. One such model is the Glider, which can support up to 120 kilograms.
Materials of manufacture
A variety of materials are used in the production, and all of them are of high quality. Frames are strong, durable, wear-resistant due to steel or aluminum arcs framed with strong wood. They are made from the following materials:
- Natural wood. Durable material that can withstand considerable loads. The wood has a beautiful structure, lends itself well to processing, shaped cutting, so it is very popular with manufacturers.
- Lightweight plywood. On the characteristics is not inferior to wood, but has a lower price. Only thick sheets are used for manufacturing.
- Metal. Durable and very plastic material. It is not often used, since elements made of it can squeak when in use.
- PARTICLEBOARD. Resistant to moisture, perfectly withstands loads. Its disadvantage is that it contains harmful resins.
Upholstery chairs are made in a variety of colors. Popular materials of manufacture:
- Natural leather – characterized by durability, presentability.
- Chenille – characterized by an elegant appearance, high wear resistance.
- Velour – soft and durable material.
- Tapestry is natural, has anti-allergic properties.
- Jacquard – budget, durable.
- Velveteen is ecological, stylish and dense.
- Flock – wear-resistant, durable.
- Artificial leather – durable, hypoallergenic, not afraid of the sun, has a presentable appearance.
- Eco leather – practical, has a large variety of textures.
How to choose correctly
Make a choice is not difficult – just sit down in an armchair. The body itself will prompt, which design is most comfortable. When choosing, you should also be guided by the main indicators, characteristics. Recommendations for buyers:
- It is necessary to understand for what purposes the product is purchased: for the office, home recreation, for the use of a schoolboy and so on.
- It is important to determine which upholstery is preferable: leather or fabric. It is worth considering hypoallergenic features, environmental friendliness, find out the disadvantages of materials.
- It is necessary to decide on the color scheme, dimensions, so that the chair easily fit into the interior. It is recommended to pay attention to the design of the room where the product will stand.
- It is necessary to take into account your weight.
- It is desirable to get acquainted with the functionality, choose a preferred mechanism of rocking. The product should work quietly.
- Additional accessories should be studied.
- It is important that the furniture is wide enough for comfortable accommodation in it.
- It is recommended to choose furniture with a high backrest.
- It is necessary to review quality certificates and other documentation to make sure that the manufacturer is reliable. An equally important selection criterion is the fame of the firm.
- It is recommended to determine the price. It is not necessary to choose the cheapest furniture.
Glider chairs – these are modern designs, characterized by high comfort, durability and attractive appearance. Many models have additional pleasant functions. It is important to competently choose a product that meets all the requirements, so as to fully enjoy the possibilities of modern furniture.