99 Cozy and Functional Laundry Room Ideas
The laundry room is a relevant space that every home needs and an important aspect of your interior design efforts. A clean and well-organized laundry room can change it all about your laundry day routine. The following ideas will help you renovate or plan a stylish and fresh laundry space with tip-top organization.
Best Ideas for Laundry Room Renovation Project
If you still don’t have a separate laundry room in your house or the space is far from being an attractive spot that you’d like to show off, the following ideas might set you on the pass to an immediate laundry room makeover. Don’t forget to Pin the best ideas that will ensure the best use of your space.
1. Beautiful and Functional Small Laundry Room. It does not matter if your laundry space is big or small, it can still be beautiful and functional. This room features shiplap trim walls with a hanging shelf and matching table. The natural light coming from the window brightens up the space.
2. Open Wall Cabinets. Laundry supplies should be stored where they are easy to access. This laundry room features open wall cabinets with seagrass baskets that beautify the laundry room and give it a farmhouse vibe.
3. Farmhouse Design. Sage green cabinetry with the marble countertop resonates with the backdrop colors of the floor and walls to give the room a modern farmhouse vibe. A framed painting is a great addition.
4. Snug Windowless Laundry Room. This laundry room’s design speaks of having fun while working efficiently. This windowless laundry room has a cheerful look with the appealing gray and white rug that complements the white walls and barn door cabinets. Well-arranged baskets and vases add to a charming look.
5. Farmhouse Sink. This laundry room features a stylish farmhouse sink that makes the workspace appealing and can be used for hand washing. It is combined with a Spanish tile floor that makes the laundry room look exquisite.
6. Wooden Design. A wooden countertop can be used for sorting clothes and gives a cozy and warm look to the utility room. The potted plants and a stylish poster add to its liveliness and make it stand out. The hamper with dirty laundry – or puppets – is a finishing touch.
7. Statement Brass and Framed Photos. Brass makes a statement no matter where it is used. The Perrin and Rowe brass tap speaks elegance and attraction in this magnificent match with a quartzite stone countertop and a deep Acquello fireclay sink.
8. Subway Tile Walls. A laundry room tile can define the space, having a very large impact on interior design. White subway tiles make the laundry room brighter. The countertop and laundry appliances blend with the wall to give the room a fresh look.
9. Organize with Laundry Baskets. Prevent clutter and give your walkways and tiny laundry rooms extra space by concealing dirty laundry. In the picture, three laundry baskets are placed below the wide shelf that can be used for separating and organizing the laundry, thus maximizing the functionality of your laundry area.
10. Laundry Signs. Laundry signs are winning laundry accessories that beautify and add character to the room. The sign in this picture adds a sense of humor into the room, too. Well-organized laundry baskets on the shelves set a good example of how the space can be managed.
11. Smartly Stored. The trio of hampers placed under the folding table increases the space by getting them out of the way. These hampers also have their purpose, as they allow the easy movement of laundry around the house. We also love the multitude of drawers that can be used to store lots of small items you need around the house.
12. Dark Cabinets. Many modern-day laundry designs are masculine-themed, and this is achieved by using dark colors. This picture shows a spacious room with dark olive-green cabinetry that looks sophisticated when paired with stainless steel appliances.
13. Mud Room Laundry Area. A combination of white and woody texture in this laundry room design gives off a warm feeling that makes you feel at home. The wooden countertop holds the small sink beside the washer and dryer machines. White cabinetry houses laundry essentials and looks perfectly ok in the mudroom.
14. White Cabinetry. This light-flooded laundry room design gives a peaceful feeling. A good scenery outside the door, doing laundry won’t be boring. It is also functional as the white open and closed cabinets above the countertop create much space to store laundry items, a spacious countertop can be used for folding clothes, and laundry baskets are kept inside the shelves, out of your way.
15. Sweet and Functional. Messed up laundry rooms can be discouraging. With a basic but well-kept and organized room, doing laundry becomes easier. Seagrass laundry baskets are used to sort and separate your laundry. A laundry machine is down below the wooden countertop for folding maintain the functionality of this space.
16. Using a Blank Wall and Black Hangers. For a tiny laundry room converted from a closet, make use of any space available, but do not install big upper cupboards to make the room look more spacious. A wooden shelf installed above the countertop and black hooks for all sorts of items is a great solution.
17. Minimalist Laundry Room. This small laundry room has both a washer and dryer, along with all the necessary storage spaces and items. The natural colors give it a simple and elegant finish.
18. Broom Collection Wall. Tired of the messy drawer full of all types of brooms? Use them to decorate the wall of your laundry area. This makes them easy to access and keeps them out of the way in the laundry room.
19. Colored Laundry Appliances. Colored laundry appliances can easily turn a simple laundry room design into a one with unique character. It is also a good way to support the interior design of other rooms in your house.
20. No Clutter Allowed. A no-clutter laundry room design is a dream come true for everyone. Don’t hide a mess behind a cupboard, but have boxes and baskets for all sorts of different items. Lighter shades against a deep gray wall look super modern and make laundering a bliss.
21. Stacked Machines. Before you choose a layout for your laundry room, consider the space you have at your disposal. Here, the washer and dryer are placed on each other vertically, which minimizes the space they take and help you store dirty laundry lower, away from your eyes. This layout is good when you have a tiny laundry room or when your laundry room doubles as a guest bath.
22. Gray Walls and Cabinets. The combination of custom gray cabinets, matching walls and open shelves, a white countertop, and mosaic tile floors fills the room with style and personality. Add some greenery or a colorful décor for a well-rounded design.
23. Dark Tiles, White Cupboards. With the blue three-dimensional wall tiles complimented by blue patterned floor tiles, this laundry room gets a certain marine look. Combined with the white cabinetry and appliances, it gives a refreshing feeling.
24. Statement Wall Shelves. For a small laundry room that is running short of space, try not to overwhelm the space with big cupboards. The two wooden wall shelves installed above the washing machine will be enough for both the essentials and the laundry room décor. The shelves complement the wooden floor to give the room a warm rustic feel.
25. Brick Floor. One of the catching features of this laundry room is the floor. The herringbone brick floor used in this laundry room, combined with the woven laundry baskets, sage green cabinetry, wall art, and white countertop, gives the room a distinct farmhouse vibe.
26. Navy Blue Laundry Room. A navy blue cabinetry pairs incredibly well with a white marble countertop and walls. Houseplants add a touch of nature and freshness to the room!
27. Custom Subway Tile Design. First of all, the floor of the laundry should be easy to clean. But why not use it to make a statement, too? Subway tiles come in different designs and you can even use mosaics to create something totally unique.
28. Green and White Galley Laundry Room. A galley laundry room may seem too narrow and uninteresting. Change that by playing with the height of your cabinets and colors. Olive green cabinets, wooden countertops and a patterned tiled floor with a rug create a cozy and functional space.
29. Marble Countertop. Choose a durable countertop that is also easy to clean. Marble countertops may be quite an investment, but they will also look expensive and last for ages, so you may not be afraid that water spilled while hand washing will ruin the countertop over time.
30. Shelves with Laundry Room Decor. Simple floating shelves with greenery and décor can fully transform your laundry room design, taking it from mundane to elaborate. Better yet, if you install them in a niche.
31. Nature’s Mix. A mixture of wood and stone is a great tool for implementing calm and classical interior design ideas. Soft brown and gray are set off by a white slate countertop and a shelf that catch the bright white color of laundry appliances, giving the laundry room a refreshing look.
32. Wall Hooks. Installing wall hooks come in handy, especially when you need to hang clothes that need to be laundered or dried. Make sure they blend with the decoration of your laundry room to maintain the style of the space.
33. White Laundry Room with Green Backsplash. Covering the space between the countertop and upper cabinets is a good way to make your design last longer. It is also a great way to add a statement color to your white laundry room.
34. Serene Touch. Neutral colors in your laundry space give a calm and peaceful feel, which is supported by the sitting statue used as accent decor. Despite the serenity of the room, it is highly functional, as laundering machines are positioned under the countertop that can be used for folding the clothes.
35. Black and White. You don’t have to rob a bank before you can give your laundry room that luxurious look. A white marble countertop with black cabinetry already gives it a unique look. Exquisite tile patterns tick all the boxes.
36. Laundry Room that Doubles as a Home Office. Laundry chores can take a lot of time. A countertop can serve as a folding table and a workspace to catch up on news or answer your emails. White cabinets and countertop will be well-matched with a wooden stool for this purpose.
37. Wardrobe and Shelves. Why not use a wardrobe instead of custom cabinets you need to store laundry supplies. Wooden texture is a splendid match for olive green color and using olive leaves for décor is perfectly on point.
38. Bold Emerald Green. The combination of green and black against the white background makes this laundry room quite unique. Wall design hints this room may double as a craft room.
39. Golden Touch. Adding a golden touch to a utility room that is decorated in neutral colors gives it a touch of elegance. The golden faucet, cabinet doorknob and hanging rod enhance the charm of the space.
40. Airy White Laundry Room. Just a few stylish elements such as cute words on the laundry appliances, a wall sign and a chalkboard may infuse the room with character and interest. Repeat the same colors in your design and do not have more than three in your room.
41. Hidden Laundry. You can choose to place your laundry machines in a cabinet that can be closed to keep them hidden. A very useful design idea if your laundry is a tiny space found in the kitchen, the bathroom, or even in the hallway!
42. Beautiful Blue. Give your utility room a soft and fresh look with a touch of sky blue. Pale blue cabinetry on white walls gives the room a beautiful and relaxing look.
43. Bathroom Laundry Space. Front loading machines can be a perfect addition to the bathroom, especially in an apartment. Split the space with a wall for a comfortable walk-in shower, and you will have a great niche for your laundry appliances.
44. Add a Spray Tap. Spray taps have a pull-out hose that you can use to target water to where you need it. If your laundry area is near the backyard exit, it can be used to clean pet’s paws or comfortably fill the bucket with water. Needless to say, the gold spray tap will double as décor.
45. Storage Space Combo. A combination of open and closed storage space is the best idea for a small laundry room. Keep the laundry appliances, detergents, cleaners and other necessary items away from the eyes in cabinets to avoid a cluttered look. At the same time, a few open shelves with nice décor and a rail with black hangers will make the arrangement look more lightweight and stylish.
46. Mismatched Sink. Washer and dryer machines are big and fit deep cabinets, but you don’t have to stick to this depth with other cabinets too. A narrower sink cabinet and a small shelf balance the space well. Again, white and deep blue is a perfect color combo to use.
47. Never too Many Baskets. Laundry baskets have become a great decor for a stylish space, so you can never have too many. In the design below, the baskets make the laundry area with white cabinets look vibrant. They are used to store smaller items as well as dirty clothes piled up for laundering.
48. Custom Bottles for Cleaning Supplies. Cleaning supplies like laundry detergent, stain removers, dryer sheets and softeners are essential in your laundry room. If you don’t want to store the colorful brand’s packaging on your open shelving, consider getting custom containers. Better yet if you can refill them when buying the products for a more sustainable approach.
49. Completely Exposed Laundry Area. Laundry spaces in exposed areas that cannot be hidden have to be organized nicely. Consider getting minimum furniture and just store the essentials on a nice shelf or in a niche.
50. Drying Rack. Want your clothes to dry naturally? Hang a functional drying rack above the appliances and the folding table. Also, steal the idea of the sink design. The shelf and the picture above it allude to the fireplace organization and makes it a statement design element.
51. All You Need Is Organized Clothes. You can install a wardrobe in the laundry area. Thus, you will create a special space for washing, ironing, and storing clothes. It is definitely more convenient than moving garments from one room to another. All your actions will be concentrated in one zone. It is a great way to save time for other activities.
Let’s imagine that you want to wear a shirt, but it is crumpled and one button is missing. This problem can be solved immediately if you have such a place. Another example: you are looking for your favorite jeans and can’t find them. Then you notice that they are waiting to be washed. In both cases, no need to walk around the house because all the things you look for are in one room.
52. Make Your Laundry Room More Functional. The laundry room can accommodate not only a washing machine and clothes hamper. This option is only suitable for those who are single. If you have a family, you had better organize a much more functional place to make your life easier. It should not be a problem to get a grass or wine stain out, clean muddy shoes, or get rid of sand in a bag.
To do this, think about what you need in the laundry. Is it a dryer? Do you want to install a small shower? If you have children or animals who adore spending time outdoors then such household appliances are must-haves.
53. Counter Space In Your Laundry Room. Is a tabletop area only for the kitchen? It is too predictable. Of course, there are certain rules when it comes to furnishing, but these are not laws. You can break them, and you will not regret it. Moreover, as a reward, you will get an unusual interior.
The countertop in the laundry room has an unexpected look, but it is very functional. It allows you to sort clothes, remove stains, clean shoes, and even more within one room. In general, remember that all design solutions should be useful.
54. Leverage Laundry Baskets. Speaking of choosing baskets, first of all, think about your preferences. Otherwise, the final decision may irritate you. And this problem will be harder to solve.
You can fit anything into the room. There are baskets of all shapes and sizes, on wheels or without them, the ones made of wicker, wood, fabric, or plastic. Feel free to make your choice.
55. Sort Dirty Clothes Properly. Dirty clothes can accumulate at different rates. We hope you know that clothes need to be washed using special modes. Therefore, we recommend separating the following ones: white, black, colored, jeans, sweaters, underwear, towels, bedding, etc. Choose several categories to sort your laundry and prepare the baskets.
56. Storage for Cleaning Supplies. Beautiful Mason jars have become popular. They are often used to decorate kitchens. Use this idea for the laundry room as well. Choose the same containers for storing detergents. Capsules, washing powder, rinses, emollients – you can sign each jar. You may also need a measuring cup and a special spoon. Also, don’t forget to organize clothespins.
It is important to remember that such tools should be kept away from children and animals. If the containers are easy to reach and open, store your cleaning supplies in a closed box.
57. Stylish Laundry Room Makeover. The design of the laundry room should not be underestimated. Do you need to worry about the interior of such a place? Yes, of course! A stylish interior may make you feel comfortable and happy. Add modern flooring and windows, paint the walls with a beautiful color, choose fancy accessories, put a vase with flowers, etc. People spend a lot of time in this room. So, why not make it nifty?
58. Clothes Hangers for Compact Laundry Room. Clothes hangers reduce the space needed for drying and storing clothes. Just compare how much space you need to dry everything on a rope and how much less it takes if you use hangers. In addition, many clothes (shirts, coats, etc.) are recommended to be dried immediately on hangers so that everything is evenly dried and nothing is deformed.
59. Washer and Dryer Together. One washing machine is unlikely to handle a large number of clothes. A whole team is needed there. A set of two laundry machines and dryers will quickly cope with what you could stretch for a week. Don’t worry about the space, because washers can be placed on top of each other. Thus, they do not take up much room. The laundry room will not look overloaded.
60. Life Hacks for a Tiny Laundry Room. Compact furniture is needed for a tiny laundry room. Find something you don’t use all the time. Let it be as compact as possible. For example, you do not use a drying rack permanently. Therefore, you can fold it so that it does not take up too much space. The same goes for laundry baskets. Until they are filled, you can hide them.
61. Laundry Area in the Kitchen. A quite common solution in interior designs is to inbuilt a washing machine in the kitchen due to the convenient location of the pipes. You can also hide household appliances in kitchen cabinets. If it is not possible to make a separate laundry room, then this is a great way to save space.
62. Small Laundry Room Ideas. The size of the washing machine matters if you choose the appliance after you have installed the furniture. For the most part, this option applies to the kitchen. If you have a separate laundry room, feel free to choose the washing machines and dryers you like. Then choose the proper furniture. Nowadays craftsmen make furniture of any size and shape. For example, if you have a few inches to the wall, it is not a problem to make a small cabinet that would take up this space.
63. Sliding Barn Door for Laundry Room. It is unlikely to have complete soundproofing in the laundry. We advise to look through all our ideas to make the right choice.
Therefore, we suggest considering such a variant as a sliding barn door. If necessary, you can close it completely but normally just keep it open so that there is not much moisture.
64. Laundry Supplies. Washing does not end with you throwing all the stuff in the laundry machine. Removing stains, drying, ironing, folding, and putting clothes in the wardrobe. And sometimes sewing, washing again, because the stain is not removed, and so on. Many handy devices have already been invented for these purposes. For example, you can install a sliding shelf, as in the photo.
65. Laundry Room Doubles. The practice of using double appliances in the laundry is very common. We remind you that functionality and convenience are the first and foremost tasks of the interior design. You had better organize the space so that any activity in the house is performed with ease. Washing and ironing clothes are not an exception.
Many interior designers and homeowners are very happy to have such a room. Double machines have become popular due to theirs advantages and convenience.
66. Drying Racks. Laundry room renovations require a plan of premises. Many things can be placed in a small area. In general, the arrangement of a laundry room in the apartment is a step forward in optimizing the living space.
Look at this drying rack in the photo. This is a must-have. If necessary, it can be folded, and then it does not take up a lot of space. There are different types of clothes horses, but when you choose drying racks, be sure that they will not create obstacles for you.
67. Custom Cabinets. Keep in mind that your laundry space should be convenient when placing equipment. Imagine loading a washing machine, doing ironing, and drying things. Having such a room will unload other living spaces and make household chores easier. Individual shelves and cabinets are the best solutions.
68. Easy Access. You should remember that it is important to provide good ventilation, lighting, and waterproof floor in the laundry room. Also, make sure it is convenient to open the door with things in your hands, hang clothes, and more. Easy access to all surfaces and appliances is the first thing you should pay attention to when planning the laundry room renovation.
69. Stylish Space for Laundry. Modern designers offer a new look for the laundry room. Don’t think of it as of a gloomy and boring place where dirty socks are waiting to be washed. You are thoroughly considering the interior of other rooms, aren’t you? Then why do you forget about the laundry? It can and should be turned into a beautiful, comfortable, and functional place. Let it not differ from the general style of your apartment.
70. Wall Art and Bright Colors. A modern laundry room can be eye-catching. The whole point is in the details. Which ones? You decide. The room of your dreams may have a beautiful floor, a large window, a stylish countertop, wicker laundry baskets, and a small chair to get to the top shelves. You can also be a fan of pastel colors and a lot of free space. Add accents that will be focal points.
71. White Walls for Small Spaces. Let classic meet modern in one room. It is proven that the white color helps visually enlarge the space. Use this tip for a small room. Lots of white cabinets will not overload the space. Moreover, they are always needed to store the stuff.
72. White Cabinets and Marble Countertops. White is associated with cleanliness. Besides, light colors increase the space visually and make your room nifty. You can add open shelves or built-in cabinets, a hanger, a wooden stand, and a stretched rope over the washing machine. These are the main attributes of a traditional laundry.
73. Utility Rooms Ideas. The washing machine may be installed in the kitchen or bathroom if there is no separate room for laundry. Another alternative is a utility room. It can even be an ordinary wardrobe with strong shelves that withstand household appliances.
74. Utility Sink. A laundry room can not be complete without a sink. Take into account that some clothes, shoes, and other things often need to be cleaned before putting them into the washing machine.
75. Deep Sink for Hand Washing. If you live in a house, then you are likely to have a green zone. Maybe you even have a deal with plants as well. There are also many lovers of potted plants. And these greens often need to be transplanted. In both cases, a deep sink is required. That’s why it is a must-have.
76. Cozy Laundry Room Design. Look at this room in the photo. It is an example of a cozy laundry that is perfect for animal owners. There is a special place for pets – for sleeping and eating, and even bathing them.
77. Farmhouse Sink and Barn Door. For those who live in a house, this is a great variant. You can access to the laundry from the backyard. Children and animals will be checked for neatness straight away, and they will not have time to spread the dirt all over the house.
78. Waiting for Laundry Day. Pay attention to the space under the window in the photo. There is no need to install a special cabinet for dirty stuff. It is enough to disguise the area where you want to store it. For example, a basket, a basin, etc.
79. Beautiful Space in Your Utility Room. Part of the bathroom can be given to the utility room. You can organize a space for laundry there. Also, pay attention to the awkward corner which is only suitable for housework equipment. The area of this room should be sufficient to accommodate all the necessary types of stuff and furniture. When choosing the location, consider the distance to the water source and sewer risers. The closer to the room, the better.
80. Framed Photos, Wooden Hangers, and Natural Light. Many housewives have to spend more than one hour in the laundry room. To make this time more enjoyable, you can hang a TV on the wall. Also, decorate the room with appropriate accessories, such as those used in the living room.
81. Choose Your Hero: Bare Wall VS Wall Art. Painted or decorated walls in the laundry room is a bold decision. It is up to you which one to choose. But just look at the photo example. Stunning!
82. Pet-Friendly Laundry Room Ideas. Even short-haired or bald animals leave dirt. You have to remember about the fur and paws. A good solution to these problems is giving pets a bath in one place. Of course, the animals will continue walking around the house. However, they can leave most of the mud in a specially designed place.
83. Front Loading Washer. Two types of washing machines are used for laundry. They can be with frontal and vertical loading. The first type can be placed under the table. Others are not suitable for this, because they have a cover and control panel located on top.
84. Beautiful Room for Your Laundry. Have you ever seen a kitchen island? It does not have to be placed only in the kitchen or dining room. For instance, you can put it in the laundry room. It is convenient to deal with clothes on it.
85. Modern Laundry Area. The laundry room is as important as any other room in your sweet home. Buy a few decorative pots or put vases with greenery and flowers to liven up this space.
86. Bright White and Lighting Ideas. Remember that the laundry can be situated in any part of the house. The main thing to harmoniously combine a pleasant interior and functionality. Well, if the room is lit naturally, then it is a nice place to work in. But in any case, you can add a lamp and glossy finishing to make the room brighter.
87. Interesting Laundry Room Design. The photo shows how creatively you can dry your shoes. This is relevant to large families because everyone has several pairs of shoes. This life hack is perfect for centipedes.
88. Maximize Vertical Space. No room should be empty, every meter should be used with maximum benefit. Choose those cabinets that are placed up to the ceiling. It is just a waste to leave free space between the cabinet and the ceiling.
89. Limited Space in Laundry Room. The place for laundry can be separated from other spaces by a beautiful door, curtains, screens, or sliding partitions. It is not always necessary to make a detached room.
90. Tiny Space in the Attic. If your laundry is situated in the basement or attic, it probably does not have access to natural light. The solution is to paint it with bright or white colors. The usual room will turn into a pleasant place for housework.
91. Favorite Laundry Room Ideas. Organize the hang and fold system for washed clothes. Think about where to keep dry clothes before ironing. Equip a corner for this with a steam system and a good ironing board.
92. Kitchen VS Laundry Room. Equip closed cabinets with stylish baskets or boxes to store all kinds of detergents and other attributes. It will make your room look neat. You can also store such things in the kitchen cabinets. Many people have too much free space in the cook-room, so why not use it for the stuff you need to use every day?
93. Small Space Is Not a Problem. Modern appliances come in different colors, sizes, and functions. If you haven’t got a wide room, choose a narrow washing machine. As you can see, this is not a problem at all.
94. Tiny Laundry Room Is Your Workplace. The laundry room can be turned into a mini-workshop. Equip it with a sewing machine. There is a place for a collection of threads and all sorts of little things for sewing. Also, arrange a corner for a mannequin where it is convenient to work with clothes.
95. Usage of Small Space. The laundry can be designed so that it does not look like an abandoned room. You can even make use of your under stairs space and place your washing machine there. Why not? Take a cue from Harry Potter, who lived under the stairs. You can put your dirty clothes there.
96. Washer and Dryer Are a Good Duo. When choosing a washing machine and dryer, make sure they are the same size. If you just ignore the sizing, you may regret it. All washing appliances have to be the same size.
97. Black Hangers or Clothesline. It is not superfluous to have a place with a built-in ironing board and a table for sorting clothes. Also, think about how to make it more convenient for you to dry clothes. Buy hangers, a linen rope, hanging rods, and so on.
98. Laundry Room Design with Windows. Any room gets better if there is a window. In the laundry room, a window can also be practical, because it helps to avoid moisture. There are also examples when a clothesline stretches out of the window and you can hang clothes straight from the laundry room. Everything is done for you by the mechanism where you pull the rope to yourself.
99. Tile Floors in Small Laundry Room. It is a win-win life hack, indeed. You can always engage a designer if you do not know how to decorate the room. Do not overload the space with accessories. Choose minimalist furniture, and paint the walls with a neutral color. Your centerpiece can be a bright floor. An interesting pattern of the floor tile is suitable even for a small laundry room. It looks stylish, though simple and unpretentious.
We hope you have found some laundry room design ideas that will be a perfect fit for your home. Safe them to our inspiration boards and get down to work! Be sure that creating a stylish and functional laundry room is worth the efforts!